Man who allegedly tried to meet teen in Atlantic City for sex released from jail

A registered sex offender caught on video allegedly trying to meet a young girl for sex has been released as his case goes through the court system.
Scott Hart, 53, is now charged with attempting to lure/entice a child after an investigation into the video that shows him on the Atlantic City Boardwalk last month, acknowledging he was there to meet a 15-year-old girl.
Hart signs up yearly as a Megan’s Law offender, he told Superior Court Judge Bernard DeLury during a detention hearing Tuesday.
Hart has a prior conviction from a 1989 case involving a boy and girl. The judge noted that the file contained no details about that case — which ended with a plea deal and five years’ probation for Hart.
He is registered as a Tier 2 sex offender.
Perry, who lives in Venice Park, cannot be out of his home from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. as part of the restrictions imposed with his release.


He also must check in with the court in person every other week and by phone on the off weeks.
It was a Lancaster, Pa., man whose work as Mr. 17540 to take potential child predators off the streets that drew attention to Hart.
In a video posted on his Facebook page, Justin Perry says that he traveled 2 hours and 45 minutes to meet Hart, who thought he was talking to a 15-year-old girl.
Perry notes in the video that Hart doesn’t “seem all there.”
Public defender Alex Settle said his client suffers from mental delays.
Hart told DeLury he does not work and collects disability.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

BREAKING AC VIDEO