Missing Atlantic City man found dead, family says

A 25-year-old Atlantic City man missing since Oct. 11 has been found dead, his family confirmed Thursday.
Police have not responded to numerous requests seeking comment.
Residents saw police remove a body from a home in the city’s Bungalow Park section on Wednesday.
Pepe’s uncle, Shawn Michael Wilson, told BreakingAC on Wednesday that police had requested dental records, but had not confirmed it was his missing nephew.
On Thursday, the family posted on a Facebook page set up to get attention to their ongoing search that it was Pepe.
“Posts such as these are the most difficult for us to write,” the post announced. “The body of Maxwell ‘Max’ Pepe has been recovered last night in Atlantic City.”


Wilson told BreakingAC on Thursday morning that they have been given no details just that police told them the person found was his nephew. He said they have gotten conflicting reports about where he was found.
Wilson previously expressed frustration that the police were not taking his nephew’s disappearance seriously and that he believed foul play may have been involved.
No details have been released about the cause of death.
Atlantic City police first put out a missing person poster with Pepe’s photo and information on Wednesday, just before the body was found.
Pepe was last seen around Drexel Avenue in Atlantic City on Oct. 11.

Editor’s note: This story was first published Oct. 17, when Max Pepe was missing. It has been updated to reflect that his body was found.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

BREAKING AC VIDEO