Plea negotiations ongoing for pair accused of setting man on fire

Plea negotiations are ongoing in the case of two Atlantic County men accused of setting their former friend on fire.
David Sult and Brandon Perez are charged with aggravated assault, aggravated arson and conspiracy in the March 15 attack on Raymond Mullen.
The previous plea offer was five years for each man, according to discussions during a court appearance in August.
Now, discussions include possibly pleading to a second-degree charge, but being sentenced within the third-degree range, which is three to five years.
If there is no plea by the next court appearance set for Nov. 21, the state is ready to put it on the trial list, Assistant Prosecutor Chris D’Esposito told the judge.
Mullen, now 28, suffered severe burns after the two men allegedly poured lighter fluid on him and set him on fire as he slept on the couch at Sult’s Mays Landing home.


The attack continued even after Mullen tried to flee in flames, he previously told BreakingAC.
He said the men sprayed him with more lighter fluid as about six others watched and did nothing.
“They just stood there… like it was a show,” he said.
Mullen wound up driving himself to the hospital.

Related Stories:

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

BREAKING AC VIDEO